Christmas Warning

Rex got a magnetic dartboard from his Grandma for Christmas.

Dartboard

I’m glad I read the box before throwing it out. It came with an important warning:

warning

In case you can’t read it: “WARNING: This product contains (a) small magnet(s). Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnet(s) are swallowed or inhaled.”

Now I’m honestly kind of tempted to have Rex swallow these darts to see if they stick together through his intestines.

Awesomest warning ever.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Christmas, Kids. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Christmas Warning

  1. Eliza says:

    what the hud. that is incredible and sounds really awful too. funny.

  2. Norm says:

    This reminds me of what Davis once said about warnings:

    “Now, I’ve never been an attorney for a corporation, so I don’t really know how these things work. Nevertheless, whenever I see a very specific warning on a product, I assume that at some point someone did whatever thing we’re being warned against doing, which led to disastrous consequences m and ended up in a lawsuit. As a result, whenever I see specific warnings, I giggle like a schoolgirl at the thought of someone doing whatever the warning tells me not to do. One example is found under the seat of my scooter:

    (see here and here)

    I’m not sure what the big deal is. I wouldn’t have any problem leaving Rocco in that little compartment for a few weeks.”

  3. Davis says:

    Norm makes a good point. There’s really only one way that they found out that “magnets can stick together across intestines.”

  4. Andrea W. says:

    Admit it, Ryan, that a part of you is kind of tempted to try it? There’s just something about those kind of warnings that I think do more to tempt than discourage, especially for the male species.

  5. Ally says:

    I bet I know the reason for the magnet warning. A couple years ago there was a line of toys (“The Littlest Petshop”) that featured little animals with magnets in their feet. They had to be recalled because children really did swallow the magnets (accidentally–the magnets weren’t supposed to come off the toys), and their intestines really did get torn apart.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s